Thursday, April 5, 2012

Spring Break, Change and R2D2

It's Spring Break for us this week. With 3 kids wanting to do everything and nothing all at the same time, it has been a little crazy over here (major understatement)! The backyard is full of trailers, tools, piles of wood and dirt - the result? a framed-in deck for our pool! It will be so nice this summer!!  In the meantime, we adjust.

There is a rather major life change going on for me right now...

No, I'm not pregnant! But I am going to date myself a bit... :)

Since I graduated highschool in 1995, I've had a FranklinCovey Paper/Binder Planner. I tenaciously held on to that planner through the Palm Pilot fad vowing to never give in to the digital era. But, as the saying goes, if you can't beat 'em - join 'em!

I have officially busted open the door to the digital 21st century. I have been in the process of transferring everything in my 5 inch thick binder to my new little teeny white iPod Touch. Notes, Quotes, Dates, Ideas, Blogpost thoughts, etc... it all is now sync'd between my laptop and R2D2. That's what Mike calls it... :)  He has a black iPhone through work. He named it Darth Vader.

So... why the silence, you may ask?! Well, there really isn't any good excuse. I feel the need to write like the need to breathe, but as a mom and wife... sometimes my desires come last. I'm catching up and getting new habits formed with R2D2 so I can effectively grocery shop with new apps...etc. (The App Store is really FUN! You can so get lost in there!!)

There are many posts to come. Never fear!

I've been percolating on some ideas and goals. It's a bit scary to post them because then you'll know what I'm wanting to do and THEN I'll be accountable. But, that's a good thing!

I must postpone that announcement for tomorrow because the kids are quiet, if not sleeping and my tired hubby (after hauling 30 bags of Quikcrete) is waiting for me. :)

Stay tuned!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment