Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Dance!

I've realized lately, that this space usually holds experiences of "just making it on days when you feel like you're being pulled in 95 directions" so I wanted to share my happy dance! And, no there's no video feed - thank goodness!

I'm basking in the silence of a quiet house on a rainy Michigan spring day. All 3 of my joyfully loud blessings are either in school or at Grandma's house! Praise God for Grandmas!!! They are a breath of fresh air to tired mommies. :)

Because of my child-less state for the day, I made good on the opportunity to clothes shop for me. You must be either partly insane or completely insane to take 2 little boys in a clothing store sans stroller and expect a good experience.

So, last night, I prepared. I made my list of where I needed to go and checked the store websites to see if there were any juicy little coupons that could make my shopping even more fun! I even found I had a coupon for my favorite thrift store Ditto  . :)  If you haven't tried thrift stores, you are SO missing out! There are so many deals just waiting to be found. You have to know exactly what you're looking for and the trick when trying it on is that you have to LOVE it to buy it. If you don't LOVE it the second you see it on you, don't buy it. Guaranteed it will sit in your closet for a year until you decide to donate it and it will again grace the rack of the store. :)

Oh I should mention that I have a love/hate relationship with jeans. I usually manage to have 1 good pair that I LOVE (usually found at a thrift store) but can't for the life of me find any other pairs that fit the same way. Yes, I even looked online but the same pair costs $80 and I just couldn't swallow that.

With jeans on my mind, I walk into the Gap Outlet here in town. I'd never in 9 years of living here been in that place. It was amazing!! They had giant clearance racks full of stuff - even in my size! Trying not to get my hopes up, I chose some shirts and jeans to try on and found the fitting rooms. I tried on their Premium Flare Trouser jeans and it was like that pair was tailored for me! I almost yelled "WaaHOO out loud!!! I did the next best thing and danced a quiet little jig right there in the fitting room!

And the BEST part?!?  It was clearanced AND I had a 15% coupon!!!!  SCORE!

I kept thanking God for such a sweet reminder that He does indeed care about me. I couldn't stop smiling right out of that store!! Oh, and by the way, I'm still smiling!!!  :)

Be sure to hold on to these little reminders of God's grace to you when life hits tomorrow. God will still be good then too!

How's your dance going today?  Any happy dances??  :)  I'd love to hear about it!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it when God does stuff like that. I think it's those small "miracles" , like God watching out for my pocketbook andproviding for a need at the same time...so awesome :) :) Plus, it's always nice to find clothes that fit at a great price, too :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete