Monday, September 24, 2012

Paradise

I can't believe it's only Monday. It should be at least Wednesday with all that's happened today.

A first-ever mammogram was had.
Dr appt for a little boy with an ear infection and cold virus.
Antibiotics begun and naps taken.
Emotional rollercoasters ridden.
That little boy continuously coughs and coughs.
It ultimately ends with me cleaning his dinner off the couch cushions.
In the middle of all of that, a toilet seal is acquired and fixed by my handyman.
Baths late.
Bedtimes late.
No clothes prepped in our usual routine.
No lunches made.
Kitchen counters still scattered with remains of dinner.

The irony here is that just before I found myself cleaning couch cushions - I was thinking how Just Another Day in Paradise by Phil Vassar was a fitting song for this moment. Ha.

Yep. Just another day in paradise cleaning up random messes. :) But that's the whole point of the song. It is paradise. Kids screamin', phone ringin', mess cleanin'... paradise. And I pray that I have just another day in paradise.

How's your dance in paradise today? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment