Thursday, December 20, 2012

Resting

I'm pretty sure I should be doing other things right now... like packing, finish making some presents, and a myriad of other things. Because Saturday morning when we shove off on our expedition southward - snow or no snow, comes whether I'm ready or not.

But I'm here. Writing. Thinking. The idea of traveling with children that are under the weather is weighty enough for me to realize that sickness is nothing I can plan against. (Trust me!! I would love to place each of my children in an anti-germ bubble before any trip!)

So, I am acquiescing to the idea that I have tried to keep them healthy to the best of my ability. The rest is up to the One who created their immune systems.

It's pretty freeing, actually... admitting what was already true to begin with. :)

So. I'm now going to get back to my packing and other things, resting in my Fathers plan that is better than mine - even if does involve sick kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment