Monday, May 14, 2012

One small change...

As I made my iced coffee drink this morning, I realized that I haven't shared it with you all yet!

Since I got R2D2 on March 31, I've lost 10 pounds. :)

The key so far (I've got a long ways to go) has been to simply be aware of what I'm eating. I found an amazing app called Lose It. I love it because it functions a lot like WeightWatchers. You have a budget to stay under and if you exercise your budget increases. It's a lifestyle not a diet.

Also... a great read is Lysa TerKeurst's book Made To Crave.

Isn't it easy as a mom to just snack while feeding the kids then not realize you're full and "eat lunch". The resulting consequences of which are that you feel like a stuffed blimp and defeated - that you're never gonna lose that roll in your middle.

So... since I really LOVE my sweet coffee drinks but the calories DON'T like me... I came upon a solution!

Enter the 145 calorie Iced Mocha. :)

Here's the recipe!
8-10 oz brewed coffee (we prefer Starbucks Sumatra)  2-3 cals
2 tbsp Hershey's regular syrup  100 cals
2 pkts Truvia sweetener   0 cals
1/2 cup skim milk   42 cals
a handful of ice cubes  0 cals

Stir well and enjoy!!
I like to use my insulated Starbucks straw cup but feel free to use whatever you have.

The cool part is coffee by itself doesn't have many calories at all - it's all that stuff you add to it. 

If you recall, I posted a Creamer Recipe before... I still like it. There's no hydrogenated junk in it - but it does have a bunch of calories. So this is a great remedy to my coffee fix! I don't feel like I'm deprived, nor do I feel like I need a Starbucks drink binge. :) Win-Win!

There's my dance for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment