Saturday, March 17, 2012

My playlist

You can learn a lot by looking at someone's ipod! Which songs are played the most? What titles does the owner find herself putting on each list?

I tend to choose songs based on my mood... or what I know my mood needs to be. Music is food for my soul. It feeds and lifts and focuses my attention on something - that something is Someone in my life. I desperately need to think on and be reminded that God cares about every little moment - whether I'm changing another poopy diaper or picking up the endless mess or just tickling little bellies. He is in this chaotic holy moment. I'm indebted to dear Ann Voskamp for her sweet convicting reminders at her blog.

Part of my current favorite lists... Running.
Do Everything - Steven Curtis Chapman (LOVE this one!)
Long Way Home - SCC (and THIS one too!!)
Miracle of the Moment - SCC
Your Grace is Enough - Matt Maher
Shackles - Mandisa
Every Time I Breathe - Big Daddy Weave
Love Like Crazy - Chris Rice
I Am New - Jason Gray
Stronger - Mandisa
How He Loves - iWorship
What If His People Prayed - Casting Crowns
Tick Tock - Chris Rice
Yo Ho Hero - VeggieTales Movie
Every Move I Make - Integrity
My Deliverer - Mandisa
Home Run - Geoff Moore (my kids call this the baseball song!)
The Mom Song - Go Fish
Second Chances - VeggieTales Jonah

My other favorite list for a more quiet mood... Andrew and Sara
Here's part of this list:
How Great is our God - World Edition) - Chris Tomlin
Blessings - Laura Story
Be Thou My Vision - Michael Card
The Magic Hour - Andrew Peterson
How He Loves - iWorship
Nothing To Say - Andrew Peterson
Faith to be Be Strong - Andrew Peterson
Waiting Room - Jonny Diaz
Hello Lord - Sara Groves
He's Always Been Faithful - Sara Groves
The Word - Sara Groves
Generations - Sara Groves
Courageous - Casting Crowns
While I'm Waiting - Fireproof Soundtrack
Love is Not a Fight - Fireproof Soundtrack
Dancing in the Minefields - Andrew Peterson

I don't know what your playlist looks like, but whatever you put in your mind - be sure that it reflects your purpose to give God glory in all you do. This is not an easy task... to truly see the good in the midst of the ugly. But keep on dancing while the rain pours! I will by God's grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment